Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home Sick

Rarely do I get home sick but lately I have been missing my Mom and the rest of my family (if you have been following my blog you will know that all of my relatives live in Canada). There has also been an abundance of snow where they live. I have been dreaming of taking my kids tobogganing and playing in the snow with them. Normally I hate the cold and the snow. A quick trip home may curb the need for cold weather and the homesickness.  If I pack up and leave now I could make it there by tomorrow afternoon.

Big change in plans. There is a huge snow storm moving in and it would be too big a risk to drive up there and get stranded with two little kids in the snow. We don't have snow boots or any other extreme cold weather clothing either. So I guess it's just not going to happen (sigh). It's a good thing to plan for next year. The weather is so unpredictable and there has been a ton of snow this year.

I still feel homesick though. I think the abundance of visitors in the fall has left me feeling a little lonely. Not that I don't already have lots to fill my time but just missing family. My Dad says he isn't going to make it up here in March too. So it may be a long time before I see any relatives. By the way we are going to get some big storms and the temps are going to drop to freezing tonight. 











No comments:

Post a Comment