Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Rash on Tuesday


Hi,

Just another day in the allergic reaction prone household of the Exhausted Nurse. My son broke out in hives last night. Today he was supposed to be doing the MCT 2 testing at his school. I didn't know what to do so I hopped him up with antihistamines and sent him to school with a note.

Dear Teacher,
George is having an allergic reaction to something. I sent him to school because I didn't know what to do about the tests. I have given him some medication for it. Please call me when the testing is over so I can pick him up, or if I can just come and get him before the tests start.

Sincerely,
The Exhausted Nurse

I changed some of the names. Anyhow they made my kid call me before the tests started and come and pick him up. Now we are on Benadryl and Steroids (Orapred to be exact). Poor kid, before I sent him to school even the bottom of his feet and his palms were itching. What would you have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment